Welcome to your Virtual Employee Benefit Fair!
Please take a few minutes to explore our benefit offerings and then visit Maxwell Health to enroll, waive or make any election changes for July 1 to June 30. To maintain coverage, you must enroll in benefits by Friday, May 21, 2021.
Our benefit fair is moving to the month of May as our benefit plan period will now renew each July 1.
Setting up your benefits with Maxwell Health
New Medical and Prescription Plan through Premera Blue Cross!
WWU is pleased to offer Premera, which offers greater coverage, a larger network and superior customer service.
• Starting July 1st, your medical and pharmacy plan will be administered by Premera using the Heritage/BlueCard PPO network – visit premera.com to search for a provider or medication.
• While there will be minimal changes to the Medical plan coverage, the Pharmacy plan will be changing. Members will notice lower copays at the pharmacy and a new formulary (B3) which places each medication in a new tier – Generic, Preferred and Non-Preferred.
• All enrolled members will receive a new medical ID card in the mail, make sure your address is up to date in Maxwell!
New Plan Year
- Our benefit plans will now renew/reset on July 1st
- During this first year WWU will be crediting any deductible and out-of-pocket met with Aetna from 01/01-06/30/2021. Your deductibles and out-of-pockets will not reset until 07/01/2022.
- Unlike a traditional calendar year plan, your benefits accrue on a plan year basis 7/1-6/30.
Walla Walla University is partnering with Life Flight Network to offer a discounted rate of $59 per year for Life Flight services to all regular employees who wish to sign-up through WWU's group plan.
- To renew your membership, complete this Life Flight Renewal Form by May 21, 2021.
- New members, or current members with address or membership changes, should complete a Life Flight Enrollment Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 21, 2021.
For more information on Life Flight Network, please visit their website at LifeFlight.org.
Notice about Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA/DCA)
With lower tax rates and increasing plan administration costs, the Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plans will no longer be an option when you enroll for 2021-22 benefits. Since FSA account balances are “use it or lose it,” we encourage you to claim your funds for care before June 30, 2021. We encourage you to review your medical costs, spend down your account balance(s), and consider other alternative methods to save for medical expenses. A 90-day run-out period will be available to submit final reimbursements for expenses that occurred before June 30, 2021. To access your account balance and submit online claims, visit: DiscoveryBenefits.com. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
In the Portland area during May 7th – 31st?
All WWU Employees have exclusive access to the Columbia Sportswear Employee Store with 40 – 50% off retail pricing, May 7th - 31st.
Download the invitation here!
The invite is valid for a WWU employee and up to 4 guests (WWU employee must be present). All the latest products from the Columbia Sportswear Company (SOREL, Mountain Hardwear, prAna and of course Columbia Sportswear) are available for 40-50% off regular, retail pricing. Remember to bring your invitation and WWU ID! (If you are unable to visit the Columbia Employee Store during this time, more opportunities may be available.)