Walla Walla University is proud to offer its employees a valuable and comprehensive benefits package. For your information, please feel free to review the resources below. If you have questions related to WWU benefits, you are welcome to contact email@example.com.
Updates for 2021
- WA State has passed a new long-term care trust act and funded by payroll tax, called WA Cares. This long-term care program is mandatory for all WA W-2 employees over the age of 18 residing in WA. Premiums will begin Jan 1, 2022 and will be .58% of an employee's income with no income cap. Benefits will be available Jan 1, 2025 with a lifetime maximum benefit up to $36,500. To learn more about this program, review this LTSS flyer or visit WACaresFund.wa.gov.
- There is a one-time opportunity for employees to permanently opt-out of this program with evidence of an individual long-term care policy in effect by 11/1/21. To learn more about an exemption, visit: http://www.wacaresfund.wa.gov/private-insurance/. For detailed instructions on how to apply for an exemption, click here.
- Unfortunately, most insurance companies are no longer accepting applications for long-term care from WA residents until after the 11/1/21 deadline as a reaction to the market surge.
- For further questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have met any deductible or out-of-pocket from 01/01/2021-06/30/2021 WWU will be crediting that amount to your Premera plan if processed by Aetna by 6/30. If claims process after 6/30 for services since 1/01/21 you will need to submit a form with your Aetna Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) to Premera directly. Download and complete this Deductible Credit Form.
- Due to evolving information regarding our HRA plan, we have decided to end administration of our Health Reimbursement Accounts with Discovery Benefits, effective 6/30/21. Final claims must be submitted by 9/30/2021. Please watch for further communication or contact Keri Self for an update.
- We understand the COVID pandemic may be causing additional stress to your lives. To learn more about our mental health resources, visit our COVID-19 Employee Resources.
Alliant Benefit Advocates are here to help you!
Virtual Care Options through Premera:
- 24-Hour NurseLine (FREE): Call 800-841-8343 to discuss your symptoms and get advice on where to go for care.
- Premera MyCare App (FREE): Download Premera MyCare to talk to a board-certified primary care physician 24/7.
- DoctorOnDemand (subject to $35 copay): Doctors provides virtual urgent care, behavioral health, preventative health, and chronic care 24/7. Visit doctorondemand.com/premera to learn more.
- Physera (subject to $35 copay): Direct access to a licensed physical therapist from your smartphone or tablet. Visit physera.com/premera to learn more.
- Talkspace (subject to $35 copay): Online therapy with a licensed clinician via private message or live video. Visit talkspace.com/premera to learn more.
Premera Blue Cross Medical/Prescription/Alternative Care
Delta Dental of WA
Vision Plan Services (VSP)
Basic Leave Entitlement FMLA requires covered employers to provide up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for the following reasons:
- for incapacity due to pregnancy, prenatal medical care or child birth;
- to care for the employee’s child after birth, or placement for adoption or foster care;
- to care for the employee’s spouse, son, daughter or parent, who has a serious health condition; or
- for a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the employee’s job.
There are times when everyone needs a little help or advice. An enhanced Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through SupportLinc can help you with things like stress, anxiety, depression, chemical dependency, relationship issues, legal issues, parenting questions, financial counseling, and dependent care resources. Best of all, it's free for both employees and their families! Help is available by a licensed counselor 24/7, 365 days a year by phone at 1-888-881-5462. Other resource tools, such as podcasts, articles and videos are available online at www.supportlinc.com or by downloading the app: eConnect Mobil App.
Learn more about these free services in this introductory letter from SupportLinc.