Guidelines for Preparing Outgoing Mail
Please follow these guidelines when preparing your outgoing departmental mail:
- Mailings with unsealed envelopes need to be arranged with the flap down behind each individual envelope.
- Mailings with sealed envelopes need to be separately rubber-banded from the unsealed envelopes.
- All foreign mailings (including Canada) need to be rubber-banded separately.
- Envelopes that have more than four sheets of paper inside also need to be rubber-banded separately from those with less.
- Packages: Small outgoing packages that fit in the "red bag" will be processed and mailed from the WWU Mailroom the next business day. Large outgoing packages need to be processed by individual departments. If you have a Fed Ex Ground or UPS outgoing package (ready with an outgoing, pre-paid label), you can bring it to Facility Services. Fed Ex Ground and UPS deliver daily between 10am and noon; they accept outgoing packages.
Please know the mail you put in the “red bag” will be processed and delivered to the Post Office the next business day.