Student Health Insurance
Walla Walla University believes that insurance is extremely important for all students. Because of this we want to connect you with resources to best provide for your insurance needs, including access to physician services in Walla Walla.
All United States residents are required by law to have medical insurance. If you do not currently have insurance that provides coverage in Walla Walla, here are resources to assist you in obtaining insurance for the upcoming academic year:
- For residents on our campuses, visit these online marketplaces to compare and enroll in health insurance:
- Washington (College Place campus): www.wahealthplanfinder.org
- Oregon (Portland campus): www.oregonhealthcare.gov
- Montana (Missoula and Billings campuses): www.healthinsurance.org/montana-state-health-insurance-exchange/
- For non-Washington US residents: research your state health insurance exchange and purchase a policy with “out of network” benefits or purchase a “multi-state plan”. More information about health plans and exchanges can be found at www.healthcare.gov
- For international students: Because United States residents are required by law to have medical insurance, international students are also required to have Health and Accident insurance. Purchasing health insurance for the United States can be overwhelming. Walla Walla University encourages you to review the policy carefully to include medical evacuation and repatriation benefits
- www.bcaa.com/insurance/travel (British Columbia, Canadian students)
If you need help or have questions regarding plans contact the University Health Clinic at (509) 527-2425.