DURING THE EARTHQUAKE
- Stay where you are!
- Drop, cover, and hold. Drop down under or next to something solid like a table, desk, or interior doorway. Tuck your head and cover it with your arms. Hold onto the solid object you are near.
- Avoid windows, filing cabinets, bookcases or objects that may fall or collapse.
- Do not use the elevator.
- Move away from buildings, trees, and electrical lines.
AFTER THE EARTHQUAKE
- Check for injuries. Do not attempt to move seriously injured persons unless they are in immediate danger of further injury.
- Proceed to designated assembly area and check in with your Building Coordinator.
- Be prepared for aftershocks.
- Be aware of potential danger from gas or chemical leaks, fire, downed power lines, damaged structures, and other hazards.
- Report injuries or damage to the Building Coordinator, who will report to the Emergency Operations Center.
- Do not re-enter buildings with visible damage until the building has been cleared for occupancy.
309 South College Ave
College Place, WA 99324
24 Hour: (509) 527-2222
Director: (509) 527-2613