Take these actions
- If you smell smoke or have other indication of fire, pull the closest fire alarm as you exit the building.
- Immediately report any fire to 911 and then to Campus Security, 527-2222.
- Extinguish fire only if fire is very small and if it is safe to do so. Use proper extinguisher.
- As you exit, notify others in your vicinity if you can do so without increased danger to yourself.
- Before opening a door, feel the top of the door or the doorknob. If these areas are not hot, brace yourself against the door and open it slightly.
- Do not use elevators.
- If area is full of smoke, stay low to the floor. If possible, cover your face with a wet cloth.
- If nearest exit is blocked, go to an alternate exit. If all exits are blocked, go to the room furthest from the fire, close the door and follow procedures below.
- Evacuate to your designated assembly area (listed under "Building Evacuations" tab below). Do not re-enter the building.
If trapped by fire
- Close the door, seal cracks with clothing, tape or other material.
- To attract attention and signal for help, stand by window and/or hang an object out the window.
309 South College Ave
College Place, WA 99324
24 Hour: (509) 527-2222
Director: (509) 527-2613