The Emergency Management Team trains for and responds to crisis and emergency incidents that may occur at Walla Walla University.
Emergency Management Plan
The Emergency Management Plan outlines responsibilities for the development, implementation, and maintenance of emergency procedures. It is designed to coincide with appropriate laws, regulations, and policies that govern emergency management and response. Download the Emergency Management Plan (PDF) >
All members of the Emergency Management Team are expected to take the FEMA self-study Incidence Command System 700.a and 100.b courses.
Crisis Communication Team
The Crisis Communications Team assembles during an emergency to plan and execute the public relations response to a crucial incident or other emergency that may affect or has affected the health, safety or welfare of students, faculty, staff or campus visitors. During an emergency, the Crisis Communications Team will fulfill the following objectives:
- Maintaining focus on known facts and positive behavior.
- Representing Walla Walla University as responsible and caring.
- Maintaining stakeholder confidence in Walla Walla University.
- Effectively communicating with faculty/staff, students and the public, but also the interests of other educational institutions.
The Crisis Communication Team folder contains a Crisis Toolkit with a Guide and Workbook designed to guide the Crisis Communications Team in the public relations response to a crucial incident or other emergency.
How to use the Crisis Toolkit in an emergency:
- View the Crisis Communication Team parent folder (housed here in OneDrive).
- Rename the folder titled “START HERE---…" with the date and a name that will identify the crisis.
- Right click and choose "Rename."
- Click on the newly created crisis folder and begin reviewing the "Crisis Guide and Workbook" OneNote document.
- Ensure that appropriate individuals have access to this folder.
- Select "Share" (in the toolbar at the top of the screen).
- Enter the email addresses of those you would like to have access to the crisis folder.
- After the crisis duplicate the “TEMPLATE_…" folder in the Crisis Communication Team parent folder (housed in this OneDrive) and rename “START HERE---Crisis Toolkit.”
- Archive the most recent Crisis Tookit you renamed for this crisis by placing the folder in the “Archive” folder of the Crisis Communication Team parent folder.