Thank you for your interest in Walla Walla University – we'd love to show you our campus! Our campus is available for visits Mondays and Tuesdays. We are currently offering one visit time per family unit. We start on-campus at 8 a.m. and at 1 p.m.
We understand that a visit to our campus can mean some added expenses, and we'd like to help by doing the following:*
- Getting Here – We reimburse half of a prospective student's gas** or plane ticket**, up to $250!*** Plus, when you enroll at WWU we'll give you the other half up to another $250 which will be applied to the prospective student’s account after the 10th day of classes.
- Your Stay is on Us – We provide lodging for prospective students and up to four of their immediate family members. We are providing lodging at a local hotel off-campus so students must travel with an adult from their household who is at least 22 years old.
We provide lodging for up to two nights, see blackout dates for dates that are unavailable. Any additional nights will need to be covered by the visiting guests. If for some reason the guests do not cover the additional nights, the additional nights of lodging will be deducted from their reimbursement.
- Meals – For your convenience, during your stay we will cover meals at the cafeteria for prospective students and their immediate families.
We will also reimburse one meal eaten in downtown Walla Walla for up to $10 per person and up to five family members in total.
- Airport Transportation – During this time we are unable to offer transportation. Guests flying in will be responsible for their own transportation to Walla Walla University’s campus and the hotel.
To Be Eligible for Reimbursement:
- Comply with all Covid-19 safety requirements while on-campus.
- Provide all fuel or flight receipts. Flight receipts must have the name of the prospective student and the dollar amount of the flight.
- Attend all of your scheduled appointments.
- Request a minimum of four appointments.
- Submit your visit request at least two weeks before you plan to arrive.
- Requests for visit reimbursement must be made no later than 60 days after your visit.
- Provide all original itemized receipts for reimbursement.
- Upcoming Quarter Student Visits: Visits to determine if you would like to attend for the upcoming quarter can be scheduled for any non-blackout dates up to two weeks prior to the start of the quarter(Fall Quarter: up to two weeks prior to JumpStart). Any visits scheduled during the two weeks before the start of the quarter will be considered an early arrival and the travel reimbursement, as well as the housing and meal coverage, will not be applicable. Thank you for helping us maintain this assisted visitation program and feel free to contact us with any further questions.
If you have questions or would like additional information about setting up a visit to Walla Walla University, please contact Guest Relations at (509) 527-2875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Walla Walla University will help cover your expenses for one personal campus visit and one U-Days visit.
**Reimbursement does NOT include car rental. Just fuel OR airfare for the prospective student.
***On a $400 plane ticket we would give you $200 for the first half of your reimbursement and another $200 scholarship upon enrollment. If your plane ticket was $600 we would reimburse you $250 for the first half and another $250 scholarship upon enrollment.
****Visit reimbursement, lodging and meals are only available for College Place, WA campus visits.