Hire part-time, and get reimbursed up to 70% (for Work Study-eligible employers)
Expansive skill set
WWU students know accounting, social marketing, tech, and more
No long-term hiring commitment; preview the workforce of the future
Why you should hire a WWU student
See what employers are saying about WWU students and why hiring one could save you money.
Have more questions about hiring a WWU student? Emailstuemp@wallawalla.edu or call (509) 527-2357.
Call our student employment office at (509) 527-2357 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about hiring a student.
Businesses save big
There’s work, there’s study and then there’s Work-Study. See which one saves your business money.
10 Reasons to Hire a WWU Student Part-time
- You’ll get fresh ideas and valuable skills for your business.
- WWU students are encouraged to be ethical, service-minded individuals with high personal standards of integrity.
- Students are affordable to hire.
- If the job is eligible for the Work-Study Program, the government will pay 40 to 70% of the wages—which will stretch your labor budget even further.
- If the job is within the student’s area of study, you’ll have access to the latest teachings in the field.
- It’s a great way to screen for prospective full-time employees.
- Students can fill a wide range of jobs.
- You’ll be investing in the future by helping students get experience.
- You’ll be in good company with the many Walla Walla businesses who say “yes” to hiring
- You’ll support good financial decisions for students, some of who will be on track for a low- or no-debt college education.
Who's hiring WWU students?
Here are just some of the employers that have hired WWU students for part-time positions:
- Providence Medical Group
- Andy’s Market
- Baker Boyer Bank
- Banner Bank
- Camp Fire Walla Walla
- Children’s Home Society
- College Place School District
- Home Depot
- Key Technology, Inc.
- Port of Walla Walla
- Providence St. Mary Medical Center
- Serenity Point Counseling
- Ski Bluewood
- Sykes Enterprises, Inc.
- Tektoniks Corp.
- The Ark Day School
- The Inn at the Woodhaven Farm
- Trilogy Recovery Community
- United Way of Walla Walla
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Walla Walla District
- USDA Forest Service Walla Walla Ranger District
- Walla Walla Community Hospice
- Wenzel Nursery
- Windermere Real Estate
In addition to businesses, many individuals hire WWU students as well.