Transfer students are advised to inform a financial counselor of their scholarship eligibility and to be prepared to document eligibility as required. Students who have previously attended Walla Walla University are not eligible for these awards.
This scholarship program is designed for students who transfer to Walla Walla University after June 1, 2021. Students who transferred to WWU prior to June 1, 2021, will remain on the scholarship program that was in place when they initially transferred to Walla Walla University.
This award is renewable for three additional years if the student maintains a 3.00 cumulative college GPA at WWU. See wallawalla.edu/transfer-scholarship for complete official scholarship guidelines.
Awards for excellence in academic achievement
$4,500–$6,000 per year, renewable
Transfer scholarship* for outstanding cumulative university grade point average, for students transferring Summer 2020 to Spring 2022
|3.75 to 4.00||$6,000|
|3.50 to 3.74||$5,500|
|3.25 to 3.49||$5,000|
|3.00 to 3.24||$4,500|
*Students transferring with fewer than 12 college transfer credits completed after high school graduation will be awarded a Transfer Scholarship based on their cumulative high school GPA.
- Students with 1-11 accepted college transfer credits earned since high school graduation will be awarded a Transfer Scholarship based on the cumulative high school GPA.
- Students with 12 or more accepted college transfer credits earned since high school graduation will be awarded a Transfer Scholarship if cumulative college GPA meets the GPA requirement of the Transfer Scholarship.
- Does not apply toward summer school tuition.
- Disbursed 1/3 each quarter.
- Prorated if registered for less than 12 hours; not valid for less than 6.
- Recipients must maintain a 3.0 cumulative college GPA for a renewable Transfer Scholarship.
- Transfer students are eligible for a maximum of 4 years of Transfer Scholarship or until they have met the maximum number of credits attempted allowed by the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Transfer students who have a break in WWU enrollment to attend another college or university are not eligible for reinstatement of Transfer Scholarship. (With the exception of ACA and SM Programs.)
- Transfer students are not eligible for the National Merit Scholarship. Recipients of the scholarship must meet the definition of a first-time freshman.
- For the purposes of scholarship eligibility, students can attend another accredited institution during the summer to pull up cumulative GPA and have the scholarship reinstated.
- Students who attend WWU, transfer to another school (except for summer) and then return to WWU are not considered transfer students and are not eligible for this scholarship.
Complete and official scholarship guidelines can be found at: wallawalla.edu/transfer-scholarship.
This program is subject to change.