Debbie Muthersbaugh, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Education & Psychology
• Email Address: Debbie.Muthersbaugh@wallawalla.edu
• Office Phone: 509.527.2212
• Office Hours: Available by appointment
• Website: dmuthersbaugh.webs.com
• B.S., 1980, Elementary Education, Walla Walla College
• M.Ed., 2009, Curriculum and Instruction, University of Idaho
• Ph.D., 2012, Education, University of Idaho
Research & Publications:
• Thematic Management in Small Schools: The Itty Bitty City. Journal of Adventist Education, February/March 2015
• Impact Through Images: Exploring Student Understanding of Environmental Science Through Integrated Place-Based Lessons in the Elementary Classroom. Journal of Research in Childhood Education (with Charvoz, R. & Kern, A.) 2014.
• Evaluating Images of the Environment for Educational Use: Exploring the Use of a Rubric Derived from Visual Information Theory. The Online Journal of New Horizons in Education (with Hunt, V. & Kern, A.) 2014.
• Pre-service Teachers Use of Images in Integrated Environmental Sustainability Lessons. Journal of Teacher Education for Sustainability. (with Kern, A.) 2012.
• Science Notebooks and "A Big Waste Problem." The Earth Scientist. (with Kern, A., & Pegg, J.) 2011.
• EDAD 565 Practicum in Administration
• EDUC 365/EDCI 565 Secondary Classroom Management
• EDUC 395/595 Secondary Methods of Instruction I