Brian Hartman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Education
• Email Address: Brian.Hartman@wallawalla.edu
• Office Phone: 509.527.2940
• Office Hours: Available by appointment
• B.S., 1993, Biology, Walla Walla University
• B.S., 1993, Engineering, Walla Walla University
• M.A.T., 1996, Science Education, Andrews University
• Ph.D., 2016, Science Education, Oregon State University
• Expanding Student Ideas about Technology. Technology and Engineering Teacher, (with Flick, L.) 2016.
• Learning to Teach Elementary Science through Iterative Cycles of Enactment in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Contexts. Journal of Science Teacher Education, 26:8, (with Bottoms, S. & Ciechanowski, K.) 2016.
• Shedding Light on Inferences. In P.D. Morrell, & K. Popejoy. A Few of Our Favorite Things: Teaching Ideas for K-12 Science Methods Instructors. (with Bell, R.L.) 2014.
• EDUC 373/EDCI 573 Teaching & Learning: STEM I Math & Technology
• EDUC 383/EDCI 583 Teaching & Learning: STEM II Science & Engineering
• EDUC 390/EDCI 590 Measurement & Evaluation
• EDUC 396/596 Secondary Methods of Instruction II