Austin C. Archer, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology & Education
• Email Address: Austin.Archer@wallawalla.edu
• Office Phone: 509.527.2771
• B.S., 1980, Behavioral Science, Andrews University
• M.A., 1984, Education (Counseling, Guidance and Student Personnel), Andrews University
• Ph.D., 1993, Educational Psychology (Instructional Psychology), Indiana University
Research & Publications:
• Biological Aspects of Addictive Behavior. The Journal of Adventist Education. April/May 2016.
• Why Adventist Education Should Be Special: A Polemic with Some Practical Suggestions. The Journal of Adventist Education. December/January 2015/2016.
• Constructivism and Christian Teaching. Journal of Adventist Education. February/March 2002.
• Constructivism and Christian Teaching. Paper presented at the 23rd International Faith and Learning Seminar held at the University of Eastern AFrica, Baraton, Kenya.
• EDUC 495 Colloquium: Child Abuse
• PSYC 217 Psychology of Learning & Development
• PSYC 266 Learning & Behavior
• PSYC 390 Cognitive Psychology
• PSYC 455 History & Systems of Psychology
• PSYC 466 Biological Psychology
• PSYC 471-473 Research Methods I-III
• PSYC 495 Colloquium: Orientation to Graduate School
• PSYC 499 Senior Thesis in Psychology