- Walla Walla University
- Areas of Study
- Communications and Languages
- Degrees We Offer
- Spanish is clearly a wise choice. It is the second language of the U.S., with over 30 million speakers. People in all walks of life are recognizing that a knowledge of Spanish is a great asset. While there are large Spanish-speaking populations in states such as California, Texas, and Florida, the language is heard in all regions of the U.S.A. Right here in Walla Walla valley you will hear a lot of Spanish spoken.
- This language is an asset and a necessity in jobs where you have contact with people, like the medical field, where doctors, nurses, physical therapists, receptionists and other employees need Spanish to communicate with patients.
- In business, Spanish can greatly enhance your success in sales, marketing, import-export, P.R., and advertising. The Spanish-speaking markets not only in the U.S. but also in Mexico and all of Central and South America are far too great to overlook. Many U.S. companies are eager to set up operations in Mexico, and are looking for competent businesspeople, engineers, and technicians who both understand American business practices and are fluent in Spanish.
- In mission work, the ability to speak Spanish will open many doors and greatly increase your effectiveness. Perhaps you've already gone ton a Maranatha trip to Mexico or the Dominican Republic and discovered how neat it is to talk to the people there in their own language.
- Education majors should not even consider graduating without a knowledge of Spanish unless they don't mind eliminating a host of job possibilities which require bilingual teachers.
Last update on
August 3, 2015