Internship Opportunities for CommLang Students
Welcome to the internship board for the CommLang Department. Finding jobs and internships can be difficult especially if you haven't had much experience, so we'd like to help you out by finding some for you. Here, you can find various internships in the communication and languages field to help you get an idea for what's out there.
Some organizations are local and regularly need interns to help them with work, while other adverts come from general job board postings.
All adverts are open and updated regularly, so check back often for new opportunities.
Internships for ACA students While Studying Abroad
ACA offers volunteer internships for students studying abroad. Get real work experience in your language of choice, and earn academic credit for your time.
Learn more about ACA program internships on the Adventist Colleges Abroad website.
Loma Linda University: Creative Media Intern - Available Every Summer
Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California
Work directly with Carl Canwell, the director of Creative Media in the Office of Enrollment at LLU.
A 10-12 week program designed for college students entering their junior or senior year in college interested in exploring a possible career in media communications, with an emphasis in video production. Applicants are ideally pursuing a communication or film degree.
Benefits include paid internship and free on-campus housing.
Contact: Carl Canwell
firstname.lastname@example.org | Loma Linda University website
Blue Mountain Television: Production Intern - Flexible Dates
Blue Mountain Television, College Place
Blue Mountain Television has ongoing opportunities for production interns interested in a variety of jobs such as DVD authoring, Social Media, Promos, TV show Production, and marketing. Blue Mountain is looking for interns with Skills in Photoshop, Premiere, Encore, After Effects. Camera work would be helpful as well, though it isn't required. If interested, inquire about what kind of positions are currently available.
Contact: Lowell Mann
email@example.com | (509) 529-9149 | Blue Mountain Television website
Summer Intern - Global Brand Marketing
Harman, Northridge, CA
About the Role
It’s an exciting time to be part of Team JBL. We’ve always believed in the power of sound to unleash free expression. And now more than ever, we’re experimenting and exploring new ways to celebrate the courageous artists, creators and performers who challenge norms and defy expectations within their communities. Help us define new ways to showcase and collab with these unique personalities who make us feel a little more confident—and joyful—in our own skin.
Report to the Sr. Manager of Global Brand Marketing and work closely with the entire Global Brand Communications Team, Insights, Regional Marketing Teams, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Do our brand comms resonate? Collect JBL assets from around the globe, assess how they fit with our brand guidelines, and share your thoughts.
- What would make you want to spend time on JBL.com? Join us in transforming our brand website.
- Take a look at our global events and suggest how we can use them to create greater impact on culture and society, in line with our mission.
- And more
What You Need
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate/Ph.D. program at an accredited institution taking at least one class in the semester prior to the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
- Degree must include courses in Marketing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to confidently interact and present information to senior leaders
- Collaborative working style
What Makes You Eligible
- Willing to work in an office in Northridge, CA (open to hybrid)
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Availability from May 22, 2023 through August 11, 2023, and be able to work 40 hours per week
- Prefer candidates who live within a commutable distance
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
Walla Walla Village Church Television Ministries: Intern Editor - Flexible Dates
Walla Walla Village Church, College Place
The Walla Walla Village Church has ongoing opportunities for a paid intern to edit church service recordings and create DVDs. Work must be done on site at the church. Applicants should be familiar with Photoshop, Encore, Premiere, and Publisher. Vegas and DVD architect are also available if preferred. Prospective interns should also be comfortable moving files on a windows machine, and network.
Contact: Lowell Mann
firstname.lastname@example.org | (509) 946-1725 | Walla Walla Village Church website
Summer 2023 Intern - Public Information Outreach - BDM
Federal Reserve Board, Washington, D.C.
The Public Information Outreach (PIO) Program is responsible for leading the division's efforts to execute public communication initiatives to expand the Board's outreach and to build and sustain various communication platforms to educate and inform the public including management of the Board's public website and social media platforms.
The intern would be responsible for assisting section staff with daily web publication responsibilities as well as assisting with larger web design projects and with coordinating online public communications. Staff would work on reviewing and approving web content for publication, which includes coordinating posting details with content providers, IT support, and Board Public Affairs. The intern may work on section 508 compliance for content posted on the Board's public website. The intern would also participate in the work of the section on the Board's official social media accounts, including writing posts for social media and researching new platforms and trends. The intern would also contribute to Economic Education programs and event planning, outreach, and engagement.
Competencies and Learning Objectives: Communications, writing, multi-tasking, organization, teamwork, new technologies.
Suggested Major/Minor: Communications, Economics, Public Relations, Finance or a related field of study
Required Skills And Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with proofreading and writing
- Experience with social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft products
Preferred Skills: Experience with content management systems or HTML
Required Documents for application: Please submit the following documents with your application.
- Cover letter
- This internship can be completed virtually.
- US Citizenship is required for all Board internships and applicants must be current students, graduating from their program Fall 2023 or later.