- Walla Walla University
- Areas of Study
- Communication and Languages
- Degrees We Offer
- Spanish is a wise choice because it is the second most spoken language of the U.S., with over 30 million speakers. People in all walks of life are recognizing how a knowledge of Spanish is a great asset. While there are large Spanish-speaking populations in states such as California, Texas, and Florida, Spanish is heard in all regions of the U.S.A. Right here in the Walla Walla Valley Spanish is a common language.
- This language is an asset in jobs where you have contact with people. Fields such as the medical field, where doctors, nurses, physical therapists, receptionists and other employees need Spanish to communicate with patients.
- In business, Spanish can greatly enhance your success in sales, marketing, import-export, P.R., and advertising. The Spanish-speaking markets not only in the U.S. but also in Mexico and all of Central and South America are worth a consideration. Many U.S. companies are eager to set up operations in Mexico, and are looking for competent businesspeople, engineers, and technicians who both understand American business practices and are fluent in Spanish.
- In mission work, the ability to speak Spanish will open many doors and greatly increase your effectiveness. Perhaps you've already gone on a Maranatha trip to Mexico or the Dominican Republic and discovered the beauty of communicating with people in their own language.
- Education majors should consider learning Spanish before graduating because knowing Spanish will open up a host of job possibilities and connect you to more people.
Last update on
April 17, 2018