Degrees & Programs
Special Business Accreditation
In addition to accreditation by NWCCU and AAA, WWU has special business program accreditation by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP) to offer the BBA degree and the BA/BS degrees with Majors in Business Administration. ACBSP is a recognized leader in mission-based accreditation with a focus on teaching excellence. In 1997, we were the first business program in the denomination to obtain special business accreditation. In a nutshell, accreditation means that:
- These degrees have been evaluated according to high standards, so students have assurance of a quality education. The standards are modeled on the Baldridge National Quality Program and cover areas such as faculty qualifications, curriculum, classroom facilities, and computer & library resources.
- The degrees are more recognized nationally and internationally, and credits are more easily transferable to other programs, which is especially important for those applying to graduate schools.
- These degrees provide the knowledge and skills needed to compete in today's marketplace.
- Students can participate in the Delta Mu Delta honor society, which recognizes academic excellence and provides lifetime memberships
- Students can apply for those scholarships that require accredited degrees.
- Some professional and licensure certifications require accredited degrees.