Personal Vehicle Use

NOTE: Personal vehicles and property are not covered under Walla Walla University insurance policies.

Any department, employee or driver using their personal vehicle with passengers for University-coordinated travel (that which is planned by a department or employee, for a University function) must comply as follows:

1.  Drivers must be on the Walla Walla University Approved Driver List.

2.  Personal auto insurance coverage must be current, with an Insurance Identification Card for verification.

3.  The Student Accident Insurance covers a maximum of $3,000 (an accident must be reported (click here) within 90 days) per student, per occurrence, for injuries resulting from a motor vehicle accident. Personal auto insurance is the primary coverage for any accidents or injuries that might occur.

4.  If University-coordinated transportation is declined by any participant, use this Hold Harmless Form.

5.  University trailers are insured by the towing vehicle.  Be sure that you have adequate insurance to tow University property behind your personal vehicle.

6.  15-passenger vans may not be used for any University activities.

Page maintained by Marianne Goltz
Last update on April 24, 2014