IMAP Setup - Outlook
The following are instructions on how to set up an IMAP email account through Microsoft Outlook from off campus.
- Start Outlook
- If this is the first time the program has been run a dialog box will appear, in which the profile can be named. You can name it, or leave the default "Outlook" and then click OK
- Click Next to proceed to the account setup wizard
- Select the Yes radio button and click Next to proceed
- You're going to want to select the Manually configure server… radio box and then select Next
- Make sure the Internet E-mail radio box is selected and then click Next
- You will have to input the following:
- Your Name: Firstname Lastname
- Email Address: Firstname.Lastname@wallawalla.edu
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Server: email.wallawalla.edu
- Outgoing Server: smtp.wallawalla.edu
- Username: skynet\firstname.lastname
- Password: Your WWU AD Password
Don't click Next yet. You need to set up some additional settings in the next few steps.
- Click More Settings… in the bottom right hand corner of the box.
- Under the Advanced tab set the following:
- Incoming Server Port: 993 (use SSL encryption type)
- Outgoing Server Port: 587 (use TLS encryption type)
- Next, under the Outgoing Server check the box next to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" then click OK
- Once you click Next the program will test your settings against the server. Once it passes click Close
- Once you see the Congratulations page click Finish. Outlook will launch and begin caching your email, calendar and contacts.
If you experience any difficulty with the setup you can email or call the IS Help Desk at 509-527-2317.
Last update on December 4, 2013