Severe Weather Plan

Severe Weather Plan
If severe weather conditions occur that threaten personal safety and make it unsafe to hold the ceremony outside (e.g. heavy rain accompanied by high winds, thunder and lightning), one of the two plans below will be used:

  • If weather conditions Saturday night and early Sunday morning are severe, a decision to move the ceremony inside will be made by President John McVay by 6:00 a.m. Commencement day. The announcement will be posted on the Walla Walla University homepage (, and campus e-mail. Click here for more details
  • If severe weather conditions develop after the ceremony begins, President John McVay will make the decision to either move activities inside or cancel the ceremony. Click here for more details

Walla Walla University is making every effort to accommodate as many guests and visitors as possible in the event of severe weather conditions. If we are forced to implement one of our Severe Weather Plans for the 2015 Commencement, we ask for your cooperation, consideration, patience, and understanding.

Page maintained by Deirdre Benwell
Last update on June 7, 2015