Payment by Credit Card
Walla Walla University has contracted with HigherOne to provide international students with the option to pay using an international credit card (VISA, AMEX, DISC, MC, JCB). However, all credit card transactions through HigherOne are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee. Steps for completing an online payment are below, or please call the WWU Cashier at (509) 527-2912 during available hours to make a payment via phone (convenience fees still apply).
- Click here to Make a Payment and enter your student's ID number and last name.
- Check the box International Student Deposit or Student Account Payment option, enter your payment amount, verify amount to pay at the bottom and click Checkout.
- Select the Credit Card option and complete the transaction.
Western Union (Recommended Option)
Walla Walla University has contracted with HigherOne to provide international students with an alternative to paying their student bill by wire transfer or credit card. This Western Union solution is recommended as the best option for most foreign students because it generally results in the most advantageous foreign currency exchange rates for the student and their family.
- Click here to Make a Payment and enter your student's ID number and last name
- Check the box International Student Deposit or Student Account Payment option, enter your payment amount, verify amount to pay at the bottom, and click checkout.
- Select the Pay with Foreign Currency option and select your country/currency.
- Continue Checkout and select Submit Payment to receive the exchange rate and instructions from Western Union.
- You will need to contact your bank and initiate the transfer within 72 hours of receiving the quote. Instructions for this process will have been emailed to you when the Submit Payment button was selected.
- Wire transfers typically take 2-4 business days after you initiate the transfer to be applied to your students account. This is important to note when planning financial clearance each quarter.
For further questions regarding this process, please contact our cashier at (509) 527-2912.
Payment by Wire Transfer
If both a credit card and Western Union are not options for you, Walla Walla University does offer one final international payment method. Wire transfers can be completed by contacting David Freedman in the WWU Accounting Office. Please email him a request for wire instructions that includes your full name, WWU ID number, and foreign address. You can contact him at David.Freedman@wallawalla.edu.
Last update on April 27, 2015