Steel Band Tours East Coast
Dates Scheduled in Maryland, Virginia, Alabama, and Florida
Walla Walla University’s steel band is on the road this spring break. The 12-member ensemble, directed by Brandon Beck, is scheduled for the following performance dates:
• Friday, March 22, 9 am, Takoma Park Academy, Takoma Park, Md.
• Sabbath, March 23, 11 am, church service, Takoma Park Church
• Saturday, March 23, 8 pm, Washington Adventist University Parents Weekend, with internationally known soloist Victor Provost
• Monday, March 25, 12:10 pm, Shenandoah Valley Academy, New Market, Va.
• Tuesday, March 26, 8 pm, Oakwood University, Huntsville, Ala.
• Thursday, March 28, mid-morning, Walker Memorial Academy, Avon Park, Fla.
• Thursday, March 28, 7 pm, Walker Memorial Academy, community performance
• Sabbath, March 30, morning church services, Florida Hospital Church, Orlando, Fla.
The March 23 performance at Washington Adventist University will feature soloist Victor Provost, and internationally known pannist. Provost is considered a master of the Steel Pan and has performed in major venues throughout North America, the Caribbean, and Europe.
The steel band performs music representative of Caribbean, other world music styles, and classical music in sacred and secular contexts. Musical selections performed during this tour include “Carpe Diem,” “Pan on de Ground,” and “Minute Waltz.”
This is the Steel Band’s third tour of the East Coast since it was first organized in 2002.
Published March 21, 2013