NAD College Fair 2013: Northwest Edition
WWU Tours the Northwest
By: Rachel Wood
Melissa Rae, associate director for recruitment at Walla Walla University, is coordinating the North American Division College Fair Tour 2013. Representatives from eight to 10 Adventist colleges and universities will visit academies across the northwest. (Schedule listed below.)
At the college fair, each college or university has a representative at a booth to discuss campus life, the application process, social and spiritual growth opportunities, and answer any questions prospective students may have.
To provide a faster and more efficient college planning experience, representatives are using new technology at this year’s college fair. WWU has coordinated with the company College Fair Automation to help speed up the student inquiry process, providing more time for quality conversations with recruiters and less time spent filling out information cards.
To use this new technology, prospective students can register for free on College Fair Automation’s homepage at www.gotocollegefairs.com/index.asp and fill out a general, universal information form. After the information has been submitted, a student will have a profile on the website and a personal barcode.
Once the student has obtained his or her personalized barcode, it can be printed and taken to college fairs. Recruiters from colleges and universities participating in this technology are equipped with a scanner to scan the barcode. Students wishing to receive more information about a college or university simply present their barcode to be scanned by the representative. This provides all the information the recruiter needs to assist that student in preparing for college and gaining further details on majors, admissions, and financial aid. The additional information the student requested will be mailed to them within a few weeks.
Any student in grades 9-12 can sign up to receive more information from a college or university that they are interested in. Only high school seniors are allowed to fill out an application to a college or university that they are interested in attending.
For details about College Fair Automation, visit: www.gotocollegefairs.com/how-it-works.asp
Northwest Tour: September 17 – 27, 2013
September 17, Tuesday
• 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Parkview Adventist Academy, Lacombe, AB, Canada
• 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Chinook Winds Adventist Academy, Calgary, AB, Canada
September 18, Wednesday
• 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Fraser Valley Adventist Academy, Aldergrove, BC, Canada
• 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Deer Lake Adventist School, Vancouver, BC, Canada
September 19, Thursday
• 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Auburn Adventist Academy, Puget Sound Adventist Academy, Orcas Christian School, Skagit Adventist School, Auburn, WA
September 20, Friday
• 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Mount Ellis Academy, Bozeman, MT
September 23, Monday
• 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Milo Adventist Academy, Rogue Valley Adventist Academy, Days Creek, OR
September 24, Tuesday
• 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Portland Adventist Academy, Lincoln City Adventist School, Columbia Adventist Academy, Livingstone Adventist Academy, Portland, OR
September 25, Wednesday
• 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.: Upper Columbia Academy, Spangle, WA
September 26, Thursday
• 10:20 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Walla Walla Valley Academy, College Place, WA
September 27, Friday
• 9:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: Gem State Adventist Academy, Caldwell, ID
Published September 10, 2013.