Residential Life and Housing Policy

Walla Walla University is committed to providing an environment where students live and dine together to encourage community and foster a positive outcome associated with student learning.

Residence Halls

The residence hall program seeks to provide safe and productive opportunities for all students. Research consistently demonstrates living in residence halls positively influences student success including higher GPA, campus involvement, peer networking, and an increased graduation rate. A variety of professional personnel are available in the residence halls to assist meeting the needs of our residents.

Single students under 22 years of age or have not yet earned 135 credit hours are required to live in the residence halls. This includes returning student missionaries and Adventist College Abroad students. Walla Walla University sponsored student missionaries will be allocated 15 credits per successfully completed quarter.

Off-Campus Housing Eligibility

Students having a good citizenship record, not having been on academic probation or received serious discipline during two quarters prior to applying to off-campus housing, and falling into at least one of the following categories can be granted approval to live off-campus:

  1. Living with parent(s), grandparents, or direct uncle or aunt (defined as a parents sibling) who maintains their primary residence in the Walla Walla area (or Portland area- for Portland campus). Email a copy of the resident’s local driver’s license, utility bill, and a written confirmation that the student will live with them full-time.
  2. Living with brother/sister who does not have a roommate and is at least 22 years old. Copy of driver’s license, utility bill, and a written confirmation that the student will live with them full-time.
  3. Living with a full-time Walla Walla University faculty or staff member.
  4. Successfully completing 135 credit hours.
  5. 22 years of age or older.
  6. Married.
  7. Single parent (copy of child’s birth certificate required).

The housing information form is a part of the financial clearance process on myWWU. Select the appropriate housing and if you do not meet the age or credit requirement, please indicate your housing request in the notes section and submit the required documents to be reviewed for approval.

Off-campus housing request should be sent to: (College Place campus) or (Portland campus).


Kristen Taylor, director of Residential Life and Housing (College Place)
(509) 527-2539

Annette Riebe, dean of Residence and Student Life (Portland)
(503) 251-6118 ext. 17353

Page maintained by Emily Muthersbaugh
Last update on March 27, 2015