CommUnity Attendance Policy
1. All undergraduate students enrolled for six or more academic credit hours are expected to attend at least eleven (11) University CommUnity programs per quarter. Attendance by administration, faculty, staff, and all WWU students is encouraged.
2. CommUnity attendance is taken at each program until 10 minutes after the program begins.
3. Students must prox in and prox out with their Student ID cards and attend the entire program if they wish to receive credit.
4. Students who have verified work-or school-related conflicts may appeal for a reduction in attendance. Request for Reduction in Attendance forms are available in the Office of Student Life and Mission in Kellogg Hall, and must be submitted to that office DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF EACH QUARTER.
5. During Week of Worship, programs are held Monday through Friday in the University Church sanctuary.
Non-compliance to policy
1. Students who do not meet the CommUnity program attendance policy may be subject to the following:
a. CommUnity Probation Status for the current quarter, and after two quarters of probation status, the student may be subject to dismissal from WWU.
b. Loss of campus privileges, which may include: varsity and intramural sports teams participation, ASWWU and class officer leadership, and/or other restrictions.
c. Registration restrictions.
d. Other discipline which may be determined.
Attendance is encouraged, but not required for students who meet one of the following:
- married or have dependent children
- 25 years or older
- enrolled for five (5) academic credits or less
- already hold a baccalaureate degree
Students who have verified work or school-related conflicts may appeal for a reduction in attendance through the Student Life and Mission Office (527-2511, lower level of Kellogg Hall). Request for Reduction in Attendance forms must be completed and submitted to the office of Student Life and Mission the end of the first week for each new quarter. Students who do not meet the attendance policy may be subject to certain restrictions or additional requirements.
Listen to CommUnity now at iTunes University.
Last update on June 28, 2012