Walla Walla University CommUnity is a time for students, faculty, and staff to participate together in programs that enlighten, uplift, and challenge the campus community. Programs will foster faith in God, excellence in thought, generosity in service, and beauty in expression. Content will include worship, service, social and civic issues, human behavior and experience, the arts, and campus life.
CommUnity Attendance Policy
1. All undergraduate students enrolled for six or more academic credits are expected to attend at least eleven (11) University CommUnity programs per quarter. Attendance by administration, faculty, staff, and all WWU students is encouraged.
2. CommUnity attendance cards are distributed at each program until 10 minutes before the program begins.
3. One attendance card per student is accepted. Students are expected to attend the entire program.
4. Students who have verified work-or school-related conflicts may appeal for a reduction in attendance. Reduction in Attendance forms are available in the Office of Student Life and Mission in Kellogg Hall, and must be submitted to that office DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF EACH QUARTER.
5. During Week of Worship, programs are held Monday through Friday in the University Church sanctuary.
Non-compliance to policy
1. Students who do not meet the CommUnity program attendance policy may be subject to the following:
a. CommUnity Probation Status for the current quarter, and after two quarters of probation status, the student may be subject to dismissal from WWU.
b. Loss of campus privileges, which may include: varsity and intramural sports teams participation, ASWWU and class officer leadership, and/or other restrictions.
c. Registration restrictions.
d. Other discipline which may be determined.
*Attendance will not be recorded for married students, students with dependent children, students 25 years or older, students enrolled for less than 6 credit hours and students holding a baccalaureate degree.