Health Insurance Plan Benefits, Costs, and Important Dates
- unlimited medical maximum per academic year
- $250 deductible per policy year
- First Choice Health Provider Organization
- Physicians visits at Campus Health & Wellness are paid at 100%
- Emergency, Hospital, and Surgery coverage
- Outpatient Physician benefits paid at 80% if In-Network with $25 copay
- Outpatient Counseling visits paid at 80% if In-Network
- 80% In-Network /60% Out-of-Network Coverage for most other services (may a have separate copay)
- Diagnostic X-ray/Lab/MRI coverage
- Physical Therapy and Chiropractic coverage 80% in In-Network max 10 visits per year
- Prescription coverage unlimited ($10 generic/$20 preferred/$30 non-preferred brand)
- Maternity expense
- Mental Health Treatment (one visit per day) 80% if In-Network
Compare your current health insurance plan with the WWU Student Health and Additional Accident Insurance Plan to see which is a better option. Please note, that under "Coinsurance," Physician and Outpatient Mental Health visits are covered at 80%/60% coinsurance.
Insurance Cost Per Term
The student health insurance plan:
- Fall: $2,094 (September 15, 2014-September 15, 2015)
- Winter: $1,487 (January 4, 2015-September 15, 2015)
- Spring: $1,054 (March 29, 2015-September 15, 2015)
- Summer: $589 (June 22, 2015-September 15, 2015)
This amount will automatically be applied to the student's account unless they waive out by September 19th. For more information go to the Waiver Process.
If student waives out, and then loses coverage, they may request the Student Plan any time throughout the quarter. Insurance coverage is not backdated and the premium is not prorated.
Last update on July 16, 2014