•Entry fee is $375/team. If your school reserved a spot last spring, your fee will be $350/team.
•Deadline for registration and payment is January 14th, 2013.
•Late payments or registration will result in 1) forfeit of guaranteed placement in the tournament and 2) a late fee of $150 will be charged if your school does participate.
•Changes of roster (deletions and additions) not related to eligibility (injury or grades) after January 14th, 2013. will incur a $150.00 late fee.
•We are unable to accommodate early arrival of teams within a 550-mile-round-radius.
Participants (subject to change):
Auburn Adventist Academy
Cascade Christian Academy
Gem State Adventist Academy
Lake City Jr. Academy
Livingstone Adventist Academy
Milo Adventist Academy
Mount Ellis Academy
Parkview Adventist Academy
Puget Sound Adventist Academy
Redwood Adventist Academy
Upper Columbia Academy
Walla Walla Valley Academy
Coaches and Sponsors are responsible for making their own lodging arrangements. WWU has arranged a discounted rate on a block of rooms under the group name WWU Friendship Tournament. You must mention the group name to receive the discount. The discounts are time sensitive so make your reservations ASAP.
•Alumni Guest Rooms (509)527-2631, $60-90
•University Guest Rooms, (509)527-2109, $50-$70
•Hampton Inn (509)525-1398, $84
•Gallery Inn (sleeps 8-10) & Blue 32 (sleeps 6), (509)540-2876, $165 -$275
•VRBO.com has other rental options, search for rentals in Walla Walla
WWU provides free housing for all athletes who request it. Athletes will be placed in dormitories, as arranged by our residence hall deans.
Students NEED to bring:
1. sleeping bags
3. AIRMATTRESSES or floor mats (they will be sleeping on the floor)
5. personal items
All meals will be in the cafeteria. Only players and support staff listed on the registration forms will check-in and eat at Kellogg Hall. Additional family members may purchase meals in the cafeteria.
• One supervisor per school must be on duty at each residence hall each tournament evening:
1. Thursday, 11 PM until deans release
2. Friday, 11 PM until deans release
3. Saturday, midnight until deans release
• Cell phone numbers for each athletic director and each school’s dorm supervisors must be provided should WWU deans need immediate assistance with a visiting student. If the supervisor does not answer, we will contact the academy’s principal via cell phone.
• Sponsors are required to accompany students to the Friday evening vespers program and are responsible for their students’ conduct.
Residence Hall Requirements
1. The COACH or SPONSOR need to check-in to the residence halls with the Dean & confirm the HOUSING STUDENT ROSTER.
a. The Dean will give you a copy of the HOUSING STUDENT ROSTER for your school so that you can know where your students are staying.
b. Students should NOT change rooms due to fire and safety reasons. If a room change is requested, please communicate with the Dean on Duty immediately.
2.The COACH or SPONSOR is required to be present when the Dean goes through an orientation with your students to explain the Welcome Sheet, Security Access Card, and Room access.
1. The SPONSOR conducting night check needs to bring the HOUSING STUDENT ROSTER every night.
2. The SPONSOR may check in their students in the main lobby (or they may check the rooms if they are the same gender).
3. The SPONSOR will sign off on the Sponsor Night Check List at the Front Desk to confirm they have checked in all students.
a. A sponsor of your school will be called by around 11:30PM if no one signs off on the Sponsor Night Check List.
4. All SPONSORS will wait for release from the Dean on Duty. (Usually between 11:30 PM-1:00AM, depending on the atmosphere of the hallways).
• Van parking is available near either residence hall.
• Large buses may be parked in the WWU Plant Services fenced yard.
• Please do not leave buses or vehicles idling in residential areas while near campus.
• Early assistance/early arrival. We are unable to accommodate any early arrivals within a 550 mile radius. If your school is outside that radius, you must alert Deb Ostojic if you plan to arrive earlier than February 7th, at 9:00 AM. If you need assistance before the noon informational meeting our office is located on the 1st floor of the Administration building.
• Dorm check-in. Dorms are available for student check-in Thursday, February 7th, after 9:00 AM.
• MUST ATTEND information meeting. Your first appointment is Thursday, February 7th, at noon in Village Hall. All athletes, athletic directors, coaches and sponsors will be expected to attend this introduction and general information session.
• Following this initial information meeting there will be a brief Coaches’ Meeting. Tournament packets will be provided to athletic directors and sponsors at that meeting.
• Game schedule. The first game begins at approximately 1:15pm Thursday afternoon. A complete schedule will be provided roughly two weeks before Friendship Tournament.
-Someone to run the clock when your team is playing as the “home team” during the tournament.
-A score keeper.
-A game ball to use when your team is playing as the “home team.”
-Water bottles for each player on your team – water will be provided, but cups will not be provided by WWU.
-Students’ sleeping bags, pillows, AIR MATTRESSES, towels and other personal items.
-One sponsor for night duty at each dorm.
Our first priority during the tournament will be to make your team’s visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have questions or concerns about any aspect of this event, please let us know as soon as possible at (800)541-8900.
Best wishes for a safe trip and a successful tournament!
School City, State, Zip
All teams pay $375 for their tournament fees. Teams who have previously reserved their spot have already paid $25 and have a balance due of $350. Teams who have not made the $25 deposit, please pay $375. Thanks.
You’ve completed Step #1, now for Step #2 download the Team Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 14th, 2013