Walla Walla University and Higher One FAQ - Disbursement Process

WWU has contracted with Higher One to process disbursements from student accounts.

1. Q. Who is Higher One?
  A. Higher One is a financial services company that WWU has partnered with.  Higher One will process disbursements owed to you from WWU.
2. Q. Why am I getting a card?
  A. Your card gives you initial access to your MyOneMoney account and is the only way to select how you wish to receive your disbursement.  Once you have your card, visit MyOneMoney.com to indicate how you wish to receive your funds.
3. Q. How will I get a My One card?
  A. Watch for a bright green envelope.  You will receive your card in the mail at the school year address on file with WWU.  Your card will be sent after you do your financial clearance.  It should arrive just before classes start.  If you do your financial clearance less than a week before classes start, allow 5-7 days for delivery.
4. Q. What are my options for receiving money?
  A.          Open a OneAccount checking account with Higher One -- Funds deposited the same day Higher One receives the funds from WWU
             Direct deposit to your existing bank account -- Next day or second day deposit, depending on your bank
             Paper check -- Allow five to seven business days
5. Q. What is Walla Walla University’s recommendation for how I receive my money?
  A. Walla Walla University highly recommends that students choose either paper check or direct deposit to avoid incurring any fees.
6. Q. Why is the MasterCard logo on my card?
  A. If you choose to open a OneAccount checking account, the My One card can be used to make purchases wherever Debit MasterCard is accepted.  If you choose to open a OneAccount checking account, you will be opening a debit card, not a credit card.  You should carefully evaluate whether or not this service will be helpful.  Walla Walla University highly recommends that students choose either paper check or direct deposit to avoid incurring any fees.
7. Q. What kinds of money might I receive from WWU?
  A. Examples might be disbursements if your financial aid exceeds your expenses, club officer reimbursements for purchases, withdrawal of funds from the student account, credit balances, etc.
8. Q. How is my money delivered?
  A. If you have credit on your student account, you may request some or all of this be disbursed to you.  Under certain circumstances, WWU is required to issue your disbursement, even if you haven’t requested it.   Your money will be delivered to you based on your choice, referenced in question #4.
9. Q. Can I change my option for how I will receive the disbursement?
  A. Yes.  Log in to your MyOneMoney.com account and select “Refund Preferences” from the “Refund” menu option.  Make your new selection and select “Update Preference” to complete the process.  Your new selection will only impact future money you receive from WWU.
10. Q. How will I know when my money has been sent?
  A. Higher One will send an email to the address you entered during setup.  You can also view the status online at MyOneMoney.com or sign up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone.



How can I change my name on the Higher One card?

A.  By default, the primary name WWU has for you will be printed on your Higher One card. If you would like to change how your name looks on the card, you can request a replacement card from Higher One for no charge. Visit MyOneMoney.com for more information.

12. Q. What if I have additional questions?
  A.          Visit MyOneMoney.com or EasyHelp, the self-service FAQ database available online.
             Customer Care hotline:  1-877-327-9515
Page maintained by Stephanie Onthank
Last update on October 29, 2014