E. L. Mabley Archives Home Page    Welcome to the WWU Archives Digital Photo Collection


Fire Department

Volunteer firemen in front of the new fire station.    Construction started in 1947 and was finished in spring 1948.  These fire engines were purchased in 1951, the original ones sold were sold in Nov 1951. [1046 views] Fire drill in front of the Ad building and gym in the background.  This is after the 1919 fire and 1920 remodel. [482 views] Fire Department in front of Ad building. [295 views] City Hall and Fired station erected 1951 [380 views] Volunteer firemen on the roof of North Hall participate in a drill. The elaborate roof structure was destroyed in the 1919 fire. [372 views] Fire department practice on the gym.  The Administration building and power house can be seen in the background. [501 views] William Lumber Yard fire [386 views]

WWU Archives Digital Photo Collection : Walla Walla Valley : College Place : Fire Department


All images are the property of WWU Archives 
          Photo Home / New Search / Photo Use Agreement