Are you working on a research project over an extended period of time? If so, you might find it useful to be alerted when a new book or article comes out that covers your topic.
The library and library databases offer several options to alert library users of new materials with a particular subject or in a particular field.
Alerts from the Library Catalog
These alerts will let you know when a book, film, or other item with a specified author or Library of Congress Subject Heading is added to the Walla Walla University Library Catalog.
Follow the steps below to set up an alert from the Library Catalog using the Preferred Search feature.
- Set up a library account or login through the Library Catalog.
- Perform a search in the library catalog.
- Once you have performed the search, select the "Save as Preferred Search" option.
- Return to your Record (Top right hand corner) and select the "Preferred Searches" option. You should see the search you just saved.
- Select the "Mark for email" option and update.
You will want to be sure your patron information includes your valid email address.