Why do I need a library account?
An account allows you to:
- Check that your personal contact information is correct so that you receive library notifications!
- Change your password and your contact information.
- Renew a book from anywhere at any time.
- Place a book that is checked out by someone else on hold so that you get it next.
- Check your record for due items, available holds, etc.
- Save your preferred searches.
- Rate items that you looked at in the catalog for your own later use.
For specific information about creating and using your library account, check out the information below:
How do I create my account?
To create your account, go to the WWU Library Catalog and click on the login link at the top of the screen:
- The first time you login, you will need to enter your name (last name is fine) and your University ID number.
- Leave the line for the password blank and submit your information
- On the next screen you will be asked to create your password. It can be any combination of letters or numbers. Enter the password a second time and click submit.
- If you have any problems, contact Circulation
How do I access my account?
Login when you start to search the catalog to have access to full functionality.
- At the WWU Catalog, click on the Login link in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your login information and submit.
Once you are logged in, you can search the catalog and return to your account at any time by clicking on "Return to Your Record" at the top of the screen.
TIP: Check your account regularly to keep track of what you have borrowed and when items are due.
Can I change my personal contact info or password?
Yes! Once you have created your account, you can modify your personal information. This is a good way to ensure you always receive notification emails from the library.
Log in and click on the "Modify Your Pin" or "Modify Personal Info" button. Make the needed changes.
How can I renew items online?
Once logged in, you can see your account. Any items you have checked out will be listed. Just check the box next to the item you wish to renew and click on "Renew Item".
How can I request an item that is checked out?
After searching for something in the catalog, you will see a result list of items. In each item record, it tells you if the item is "on the shelf" or is "due back" on a particular date.
If the item is checked out,
- Click the "Request" button.
- Fill in your personal information and submit.
The item will now appear in your library holds list in your account. You will be notified by email when the item is available for you.
How can I save a search to my "preferred searches"?
When you perform a search in the catalog, just click on the "Save as Preferred Search" button under the search box. The search is added to your Preferred Searches list and you can refer back to it later from your account.
How can I rate a catalog item?
Rating an item saves the item record with your rating to your account. Why would you want to rate an item? It can help you as you evaluate your sources.
To rate an item, in the catalog results list, click on the stars next to the item. This places the item with your rating in your account.
Last update on July 17, 2008