Search by Author of the Book
I'm Looking for Books by a Specific Author
- Go to the Walla Walla University Library Catalog.
- Select the “author” tab. This will allow you to find all the books in the catalog by a specific author.
- Type in the Last Name of the author. If you know the first name or first initial you may also add this. Example, Lewis, C. or Lewis, C.S. If you type “last name, first name” and do not come up with any results try “last name, first initial”.
- Select the title from the given list to find book information. This book record will give you the call number and location of your item, as well as telling you the status, whether it is available to be checked out.
- Go to the library to pick up the book. If the book is at another campus, listed as off site, or currently checked out, you may place a request/hold on the item by selecting the “Request Item” button. Off site items that are available will typically be available to pick up within 24 hours. Items that are checked out will be available upon the items return.
TIP! Did you know that actors, directors, artists, and others involved with a book are often listed as authors or additional authors!? They are! That means you could find out what Johnny Depp films are available at Walla Walla University Library by searching for “Depp, Johnny” or “Depp, J” as an author search.
What if the item I am looking for is not at the Walla Walla University Library?
Check the Summit catalog by selecting the “Search Summit” button from the top menu. This button repeats the last search you performed in the Summit Catalog.
How do I request books using the Summit Catalog?
Last update on March 25, 2008