- Bachelor of Science in Web Design
Five Reasons Why You Should Study Web Design at WWU
- Integration: The Graphic Design program at WWU is well integrated with the Web Design and Industrial Design programs. This gives students a great sense of camaraderie as they learn with colleagues from the other disciplines, giving them a unique experience in Adventist Design Education.
- Great Instructors: All of our faculty members (full-time and adjunct) have extensive industry experience. Students get to learn from their professor's mistakes and experiences.
- Great Atmosphere: WWU is a great place to study.
- Opportunity: Design students are in demand for their talents. Whether they are interested in self-employment, working in the department or Pictor Graphics, or even working across campus at the ASWWU publications or Marketing and Enrollment Services, our students routinely fill much needed roles on campus.
- Facilities: The MacLab is the central hub of activity for Graphic and Web Design students. It is updated regularly with professional level equipment ensuring that students’ skills are on par with what will be expected in the industry upon graduation.
Web Design is a very diverse field. At WWU, students learn the industry standard scripting and markup languages and are trained to use those to creatively solve design problems. Web Design students also understand print media and photography, making them valuable employees upon graduation.
According to the most recent Aquent/AIGA design salary survey of 2011 Junior Web Designers earn an average of $42,000 per year. A senior designers earn about $72,000 annually. With more and more services and products available online, the need for quality web designers continues to grow.
WWU Web Design students meet this need upon graduation for three main reasons:
- Students receive a broadly-based liberal arts education that provides a well-rounded perspective.
- Students are knowledgeable about a multitude of technologies and they are able to efficiently execute design solutions.
- Students learn in a Christian environment. Upon graduation, these values tend to positively affect their performance in the workplace.
If you are passionate about creating design solutions in a field that is guaranteed to keep you on your toes with ever-changing trends and technology, then Web Design is certainly for you.
Last update on May 16, 2013