All prospective students must apply to both the University and the School of Nursing (two different application forms). All admission files (including Portland applicants) are compiled and kept on the main campus in College Place, Washington.
- Application deadlines: Portland, Oregon--Summer Program: February 1
College Place, Washington--Fall Term: April 15
A complete application includes all the items on this page, not just the application forms.
- You must have a GPA of 3.25 or greater. Typically, the student that is accepted has: A's and B's in Anatomy & Physiology/Chemistry/Microbiology, admission test scores above the minimum (Accuplacer Reading Test >80, Accuplacer Arithmetic Test >80, and Health Sciences Reasoning Test >17), and never had C- or below in a prerequisite course.
- First, apply to the university, fill in the on-line form and have a credit card handy for the $40 application fee at http://www.wallawalla.edu/form/?undergraduate-application
- Then, apply to the School of Nursing (including Portland Campus), at www.wallawalla.edu/2681.html.
- Send official copies of all transcripts (including high school, unless you have 90+ college credits) to the Office of Enrollment, Walla Walla University, 204 S. College Ave., College Place, WA 99324. To check on your file, call 800-541-8900.
- Have three letters of reference sent to the Office of Enrollment at the above address. (Nursing applicants require three references, not just one.) Locate the reference form to print a copy or have your references fill in the on-line forms themselves at http://www.wallawalla.edu/form/?enrollment-reference.
- Take nursing admission tests; you must have applied to WWU before testing. In Portland, testing is scheduled from December through January. View testing dates here, then check with the Student Program Advisor JanT(AT)wallawalla.edu or 503-251-6115 ext. 7304 to schedule your time. Tests must be paid for at the time of testing; exact cash is best, $30 for all three exams:
1. Accuplacer on-line Reading Comprehension Test (not timed), $10 cash.
2. Accuplacer on-line Arithmetic Test (not timed), $10 cash.
3. Health Sciences Reasoning Test (timed: 50 min.), $10 cash.
- To apply for financial aid, find financial aid forms at www.wallawalla.edu/attend-wwu/student-financial-services/financial-aid/financial-aid-application. The school FAFSA code is #003799.
- Licensed RN and LPN applicants have specific admission requirements listed in the WWU Bulletin. See "Placement for RN" or "Placement for LPN."
- You can find the current WWU Bulletin at www.wallawalla.edu/academics/bulletins/undergrad/current.