Admission - College Place, Washington
New Freshmen (New Transfer Students see below)
- Apply at www.wallawalla.edu/enrollment/apply for acceptance into WWU.
- Later in your freshman year (after winter quarter grades have been posted) you will need to apply for admission into the nursing program by following the rest of the steps listed here. Your application file must be complete by April 15.
- You must have a GPA of 2.75 or greater. Applicants with higher GPAs (without having to repeat courses) are given priority.
- Fill out the nursing application at www.wallawalla.edu/2681.html.
- Take nursing admission tests at the Testing Center. All testing must be completed by April 15. Testing fees can be charged to your student account. Admission test scores are good for two years, then must be retaken.
1. Accuplacer On-line Reading Comprehension Test (not timed), $10.
2. Accuplacer On-line Arithmetic Test (not timed), $10.
3. Health Sciences Reasoning Test (timed: 50 min.), $10.
- See the current WWU Bulletin at www.wallawalla.edu/academics/bulletins/undergrad/current for further information. You will need to know what is required after acceptance into nursing.
- After the application deadline, up to 52 students are accepted into nursing. These students will enroll for sophomore nursing classes in the fall. (After the sophomore year, nursing students move to the Portland campus for the junior and senior years.)
Changing Your Major to Nursing
- Any currently enrolled WWU student interested in becoming a nursing major will need to check with the School of Nursing office for advisement.
- For accurate advising, you will need to submit a "change of major" form to the Records Office. This is so your nursing advisor can have access to your file.
- Some students may be eligible to apply for acceptance into the summer nursing program in Portland if they have fulfilled all requirements. Those having GPAs less than 3.25 are not accepted into Portland's summer program. The Portland application deadline is February 1.
- All items listed above (under "New Freshmen") must be fulfilled by the appropriate deadline:
February 1 for Portland, summer program
April 15 for College Place, fall term
Transfer Students (Not currently enrolled at WWU)
wishing to begin nursing courses at College Place, Washington
- Follow the procedures listed on the nursing webpage www.wallawalla.edu/2148.html (although this is a "Portland Admission" webpage, you will need to fulfill these requirements, except the deadline is April 15 and minimum GPA is 2.75 for entry at College Place). You can arrange to take the admission tests on either campus (Portland or College Place). Your admission file must be complete by April 15.
- Check with the School of Nursing office in College Place for advisement.
Page maintained by School of Nursing
Last update on April 9, 2015
Last update on April 9, 2015