Presidential Search ContinuesCategory:
names and recommendations accepted thru March 28
Walla Walla College began the process of searching for a new president shortly after current President Jon Dybdahl announced plans to retire this summer. The goal of the process is to complete the search for WWC's 23rd president in a timely manner, as the college will also be searching for two vice presidents and would like input from the new president regarding those searches.
To facilitate the process, a Presidential Search Committee has been formed and held its first meeting February 15. Additional meetings have been, and will continue to be, scheduled as needed throughout the search process. The committee consists of:
- Jere Patzer, president, North Pacific Union Conference
- Bryce Pascoe, executive secretary, North Pacific Union Conference
- Lanny Hurlbert, vice president for education, North Pacific Union Conference
- Don Livesay, president, Oregon Conference
- Max Torkelsen, president, Upper Columbia Conference
- Mumtaz Fargo, officer, Walla Walla College Board of Trustees
- Len Harms, vice chair, Walla Walla College Board of Trustees
- Ginger-Ketting Weller, vice president for academic administration, Walla Walla College
- Jim Hall, associate vice president for financial administration, Walla Walla College
- JoAnn Wiggins, faculty representative
- Monty Buell, faculty representative
- Lois Blackwelder, staff representative
- Jonny Schneider, student representative
The committee has stressed that it will not share its deliberations until the search is complete, however committee members and college administration are asking the campus community to keep the search process in their prayers.
After soliciting advice and recommendations from WWC faculty, staff, and students, the committee’s initial task was to outline the challenges and opportunities facing WWC at this time and to identify the qualities desired in the college’s next leader. These qualities are included in the full job description listed below.
The President Search Committee continues to accept recommendations and qualified applicants. Please direct all comments and questions to the committee chair, Jere Patzer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The President's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Reports to the Board of Trustees of Walla Walla College; responsible for all college matters; interprets and carries out the policies of the Board to all college constituencies, including the faculty and staff, the student body, the alumni, and the community. QUALIFICATIONS: The search committee seeks a president with a strong commitment to Seventh-day Adventist mission and ministry and a high level of personal integrity and stability. This individual must: possess the ability to connect with a variety of internal and external constituencies; offer demonstrated ability to articulate vision for the institution; have successful experience with academics and governance; and be willing to travel and participate in fundraising for the institution. Earned doctoral degree and successful senior leadership experience are essential.