Order Your Textbooks OnlineCategory:
By: Rachel Wood
University Bookstore Offers Online Order and In-Store Pick Up
Students can purchase their textbooks from the Walla Walla University Bookstore online, thanks to a new function available through “myWWU,” the university’s centralized computer information system.
“With a single click in myWWU, a student can see all required and recommended books for the classes he or she has registered for,” says Matt Heinrich, manager of the University Bookstore. “That includes all the options and pricing for each title, whether new, used, rental or digital. Students can complete their order right then, provide their student I.D. or a credit card number, and have their books waiting for them in the store when they return from break.”
Also, Heinrich adds, ordering early makes it more likely that a student will be able to get a used copy of their textbook before the crowds arrive. This year, 70 percent of the books available can be rented, which saves an average of 50 percent off the new price of the book.
“Students saved over $275,000 by renting textbooks last year instead of purchasing them,” Heinrich says. Starting this year, used rentals are even more affordable than new rentals with new dynamic pricing.
How to Order Textbooks Online:
1. Log into your myWWU account and enter the Student Center.
2. Under the Academics bar (to the left of your class schedule table), click the link “View Autumn Textbooks”.
3. This takes you to the WWU Bookstore and displays each textbook that’s required and suggested for each class that you are currently enrolled in.
4. The results are listed alphabetically by class, and the books subcategorized within the each class are listed alphabetically by author’s last name.
5. Each book has its own drop-down menu which shows the various formats available as well as the prices for each format.
6. Select your desired format for each textbook. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the black button “Add Item(s) to Cart.”
7. Proceed through the step-by-step ordering process, filling in your contact information and method of payment.
NOTE: To charge the textbook purchase or rental to your student account, provide your student ID number. The order will NOT be completed until you have finalized your financial clearance and finalized enrollment. You can be sure you’re finalized when you’ve seen the Jumping Einstein animation.
During the checkout process, you will have the option of shipping the textbooks to your address or pick them up in store. The shipping option costs extra, but the in-store pick up is free.
Published September 12, 2013.