204 S. College Ave.
College Place, WA 99324
3/3/14: No preschool today, be safe!
Welcome to the Child Development Center Preschool!
Our preschool is an integral part of the School of Education and Psychology at Walla Walla University. The university students teamed together with Teacher Melissa, provide an excellent learning-enriched program for children ages 3-5 from our local community.
We are currently accepting new students for the new year! Just fill out one of these applications to get you on your way.
For more information contact Melissa Hammond at (509) 527-2252 or Melissa.Hammond@wallawalla.edu
Our Mission Statement
Our mission at the Child Development Center is to immerse young children in hands-on learning experiences that will allow them to learn in a natural, playful, and social environment. Our goal is for children to experience the wonder of discovery and to enhance their innate love for learning so it will continue throughout their entire lives. The spiritual emphasis of our program focuses on promoting Christian values common to most religious faiths—such as honesty, kindness, love, patience, and sharing.
Our program is governed by the following beliefs:
• All children are born knowing how to learn.
• All children can learn.
• All children learn at different rates.
• The development of a child's social, physical, mental, and spiritual growth is of paramount importance.
• Children learn naturally when they are allowed to make many of their own choices, set their own pace, and be directors in their own learning process.
• Play is a child's work.
• Learning for young children should be structured within play and self-expression.
• Teachers are facilitators of the learning process. Their role is to provide materials that encourage learning through hands-on experiences.
• Parents, as the child's first teachers, are a key part of the learning process.
Last update on March 3, 2014