Internships are an important part of the curriculum for students in the Communications and Languages Department. Not only do internships provide valuable experience, they create connections. The connections that you establish with your supervisors or coworkers during an internship can lead to excellent references and even the potential for a job after you graduate. The experience and connections you build while interning will make you a more marketable job candidate and the job search much easier.
Two important factors to consider when searching for an internship:
1) The geographic location of the internship is important. Due to the connections you will create it is often helpful to intern in the geographical area you hope to live after graduation.
2) You should consider what type of organization you would like to work for. If you are interested in working as a public relations specialist in a hospital, it would be helpful for you to find an internship in a health care organization. Or if you would prefer to work as a social media specialist for an organization like Children's Home Society, you should probably look for an internship with a non-profit organization.
Be sure to talk with your advisor as you search for an internship. They will likely be able to help you narrow ideas and provide you with connections they have. If you want to consider more internship ideas you can check out the following internship listings:
- Capps Broadcast Network- Intern- Walla Walla, WA
- International Internships
- Intersect Podcast- Audio Engineering Intern- Walla Walla, WA
- Loma Linda University- Creative Media Intern- Loma Linda, CA
- North American Division SDA- Communications Intern- Berrien Springs, MI
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Public Affairs Intern- Walla Walla, WA
- WSIPP- Research Aide- Olympia, WA
- Adventist Health- Communication Intern- Roseville, CA
- Walla Walla General Hospital- Marketing Intern- Walla Walla, WA
List Potential Internship Opportunities
If you have an internship opportunity that you would like to make available to our students please let us know! Fill out the internship information form. We will be in contact with you if further information is necessary.
Last update on May 20, 2015