The Auto Shop
The WWU Automotive lab shares space with University Auto. Our facility has been specifically designed to accommodate an automotive training facility and a full-service shop. The automotive classroom, located upstairs within the lab, is updated and comfortable and boasts large windows looking both outside and into the shop, wireless internet, and excellent presentation equipment.
Some of the tools and equipment owned and utilized by the automotive lab:
- Mustang AWD-IMP adjustable wheelbase all-wheel dynamometer, capable of accurately measuring and controlling up to 2000 horsepower.
- Hunter Hawkeye Elite four-wheel alignment machine with wheel-off measurement and adjustment capability.
- Hunter GSP9700 Road-Force tire/wheel balancer
- Hunter Auto34 tire changer (absolute top of the line)
- Alldata Pro subscription on any wired lab computer (service information)
- General Motors Tech2 dealer-level scan tool
- BMW GT-1 dealer-level scan tool
- Snap-On Modis system with lab scope
- Fluke 192 color labscopes
- Matco Determinator Pro scan tool and lab scope
- Snap-On and RTI R-134a air conditioning recover/recycle machines
- Sioux valve grinding equipment
- Miller wire-feed welder
- Glass-bead machine
- Hot-water parts washer
- 4 dual post lifts, 1 alignment rack
- Allen Smart Engine Analyzer
Last update on November 15, 2012