Applicants must meet the general admission requirements as outlined earlier in the Graduate Bulletin. New students may start at the beginning of any academic quarter. A complete application must be received at least 30 calendar days before the first day of the quarter in which the prospective student wishes to enroll. Any application completed after this date will be considered for the following quarter. Review of applications for the following academic year will begin on February 15. A complete application consists of:
- The application form
- Three letters of recommendation (unless the applicant is a WWU biology major)
- All transcripts from accredited colleges or universities previously attended.
- A personal statement of objectives and goals (usually less than 3 pages)
- Teaching assistant application (if a TA is desired)
- GRE scores from a test taken in the last five years
- An applicant with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above must submit scores from the GRE general test only.
- An applicant with a cumulative GPA of less than 3.0 must submit scores from both the GRE general an GRE Biology subject tests.
Students will take Graduate Comprehensive Exams during the first spring break after enrollment in the graduate program.
Last update on August 1, 2014