Westwind, the journal of Walla Walla University, is published three times a year to connect alumni and friends to the university and to each other. It is produced by University Relations and Alumni Relations. Westwind welcomes opinions and story ideas. See submission guidelines below. Send all letters, Alumnote and In Memory information, and story ideas via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
204 S. College Avenue
College Place, WA 99324
Alumni, including faculty and staff, are invited to send information for Alumnotes. Alumnote submissions are edited for length and style and could appear in both the print and online versions of Westwind. Names and year(s) of graduation are checked against our alumni records, however we cannot verify the accuracy of every item in Alumnotes.
Family members of deceased alumni, including faculty and staff, are invited to send information about the death of their family member. We print in Westwind the following: name of the deceased, date and location of birth and death, names and hometowns of immediate family survivors (spouse, father, mother, children, and siblings). On occasion we will publish an expanded note with a photo. Priority selections are made for alumni who had an especially strong connection to fellow alumni during or after college. Please send a photo and biographical information if you wish us to consider your family member for an extended note.
• Kim Strobel, university relations supervisor, Westwind editor
• Dennis Huynh, designer
• Terri Neil, director of alumni/parent relations, Westwind advisory board member
• Holley Bryant, director of marketing and university relations, Westwind advisory board member
• Dorita Tessier, director of gift planning, Westwind advisory board member
• Libby Knapp, student writer
• Katelyn Swager, student writer
Last update on May 28, 2015